Thursday, March 21, 2013

Week 8 and 9


Since our pregnancies were so close together, Anna did not get to visit at the birth of Monty and I was unable to travel with a newborn to meet Henry. Instead we decided (during our pregnancies) that I could road trip when possible and break up the trip by going through Augusta. I hoped that would keep Monty happy enough for the car rides while letting us hold the others baby. 

During Chris' first trip away from us, I took the opportunity to make this trip a reality. With the feed, wake, sleep program he is currently using I calculated a feeding and then jumped in the car towards my parent's house. I knew if I didn't hit traffic that I wouldn't hit another feeding and Monty enjoys sleeping in the car while cruising on the interstate. 

The plan worked perfectly.

I spent Wednesday night at my parents house. We watched as the new pope was elected and had dinner together. The following morning we repeated the trip plan with Nana and headed towards South Carolina.

Monty and I had a great time visiting cousins. Henry and Luke are so special to me- I LOVE being Lee Lee!! The kids all did well in the shared space and did not disrupt each other. We had a lot of naps and feedings to consider so we didn't really get to leave the house a lot. We made a trip to the outlets and took a walk around the neighborhood, but our big pleasure was watching season one of Downton Abbey together. It was perfect family time.

Luke dyed Easter eggs too. That was fun to watch him participate in a big boy activity. 

I returned through Augusta on Sunday and then back to Cumming on Tuesday.

Chris came home on Thursday evening after a 10 day trip away from home. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to be away for that long! I pushed Monty's schedule by 30 minutes so that he would be awake to see his daddy for just a bit before going "night night". Chris arrived 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and was able to wake Monty up himself. It was so special to see that baby smile behind a pacifier and those legs kicking as he woke up to his daddy's face and voice. 

Monty had his two month check up today. He weights 10lbs 10oz and is 23 inches long. His head circumference fell to the 50th percentile (now his head is normal and not like mine!). She was proud of his growth and she was impressed he was eating just shy of 5oz bottles. The doctor was shocked at how he was sleeping though the night (I told he r
before he was on a schedule! I guess she thought I couldn't implement or he wouldn't accept it!). She said my next child won't do that!

Monty got three vaccines. The second Hep B and DTaP were administered after the oral Rotavirus vaccine. He swallowed happily and afterwards she have two quick pricks in his thigh. He SCREAMED one of his full lung cries and I slipped him a pacifier. I brought a bottle in case it was needed (it was meal time too) but he calmed within seconds. He didn't even need me to pick him up. I gave him some pain medicine when we got home. He hasn't appeared to have any grogginess or crabbiness. She said since he got half the normal amount of shots he would probably be a happier kid. He will get the remaining two shots in three weeks.

She commented on the strength in his neck and said she thinks he will reach gross motor milestones faster than average if this continues :) She recommended we start treating him as if rolling over is about to happen and to watch him more carefully for safety. Apparently Chris started walking at nine months! Yikes!!!


Since we left the doctor's office he has made it a point to demonstrate his ability to roll over. He did it twice on the floor mat with me this afternoon and three times this evening before bed.

I will upload images from the travel (and videos) when I have a moment!!


No comments:

Post a Comment