Thursday, March 7, 2013

7 Up

We have made it to seven weeks! I have been able to get out of the house with Monty weekly. We have been able to run errands at stores like Target. I have been able to go into dressing rooms with him (so we are able to take our time!). He has been to a few restaurants too. He joined us for our Valentine's day celebration, a dinner with cousins Jason and Mandy, and a girls night with friends Brooke and Andrea. We went on a walk with Rhonda and Charlotte at the mall. We discovered a really nice mothers room in one of the stores so we can stay out and get a meal in (without having to nurse in broad public, which is nice!). Chris and I have started planning to be out of the house for several hours at a time. We run errands, eat lunch and feed Monty, and then continue with errands. It makes it feel like a "before Monty" weekend (almost) when you can accomplish so much.

Monty and I have both done well with our doctors visits. He has gained weight, we learned about clogged tear ducts together, and we learned he has his mother's large head! I got a clean bill of health too. That meant I could go back to the gym (boo) which is conveniently located in the basement. During my first week I got in three days of work outs. I am hoping to do the same this week.

Monty has been doing really well with the routines of our daily life and has even proven that he can sleep through the night. This week (week seven) he has slept through the night 3 consecutive days. I am sure we will have some trouble days pop up, but so far so good. I can't believe I have a seven week old that sleeps through the night. Seriously- bless the authors of Baby Wise and Mom's On Call. You changed my life.

Chris has been fantastic. He takes Monty every morning so I can get a little extra rest or grab a shower. He plays with him every evening after work and puts him down to nap so I can get a work out in or do some chores around the house. We try to take turns with the bedtime routine, but regardless he is in there for some good night kisses. With Monty's current schedule, he is going to sleep around 8:30 and he isn't waking up until 7am.
 



Monty has really started to enjoy tummy time. His first few rounds were crying fits. He hated being on his stomach (and since he had reflux I couldn't blame him!). But he tolerates it really well now. He does it a couple of times during the day (if it's a good day) and then we always have an end of night session (to burn any extra energy we may have!) before we slow down our day and read a book. 






Chris likes to have him try on his glasses. Since both of us have had glasses it is pretty much a sure thing that Monty will need a pair of his own one day. Maybe we can convience him glasses are cool at that time by reflecting on these images.



Swaddle FAIL. This caused much sadness and woke Monty up.This was a daddy purchase and it was a little too big!




Tummy time in his room before bed. See how much he is enjoying it now!!


Morning with mommy. About to pass off to daddy for morning routine.





Tummy time during the day. When he wants to he can get some big ups. He is always on the verge of rolling over (finally able to on 3/3 and 3/4 but haven't seen it since!).



Night nights in the crib. Mom pulled the swaddle and he still slept!





A few pictures after eating. The top ones are in the morning. The bottom ones are in the middle of the night. I will miss some of the sweet midnight smiles!







Faces with Chris. I have to say the bottom lip out is pretty amazing. So glad I was able to capture them both doing it!





Playing with Chris' glasses again. These give the Clark Kent look. We really liked the last one. Really was a superman picture!!




We went to our first movie! They have a cinema that welcomes mommies and their babies on the first Tuesday of the month to a selected movie. We can walk around, Change diapers, make noise, eat a meal- IT ALL GOES. And Monty slept through the entire thing. Well when he wasn't getting into the popcorn...


Busted! Catching some nap time with Dad!




Snuggles with dad in the early morning.


 Tummy time!!


Post feeding and totally content!

No comments:

Post a Comment