Hard to believe the pregnancy journey is coming to its final weeks. Seems we learned we were expecting only a few weeks ago. Now we are at most ten weeks away from meeting Monty. It could be as short as six weeks- and that would be considered a healthy little boy!
His space has really come together even more in the past few weeks. He has a mattress and changing table pad. The clothes we have already have been washed and sorted by age group/size and stores until needed. His crib bedding arrived yesterday. This weekend I gathered all of my 20% off coupons for Buy Buy Baby and bought a lot of big supply items. He has a stroller, carseat, base for both cars, and the pack and play. I have assembled most everything we have- which I'm not sure if that's considered nesting or just normal people organization (not letting it become a giant pile before beginning to tackle the workload).
Chris had been doing most of the baby reading lately. I think I'm burnt out! We have to make a list of his "first aid" and daily supplies to pick up but it seems we are a well oiled machine otherwise.
I would like to stockpile some frozen foods and collect crock pot recipes for easy meal preparation once he is here. My Aunt Sheila is already on it- helps to have a cook in the family ;) but I'm open to accepting more recipes!
My friend Stefanie has loaned me several DVDs for birth and care taking classes. Chris and I said we would watch together but I have jumped in to the videos that apply more directly to me. It's overwhelming to take in all the information thrown at a person- especially since plenty of families have their babies without doing a quarter of the reading and research we have done and they are fine.
I have browsed through the pediatrician information but its time to focus in on finding M a doctor. Hopefully I'll have that settled before Thanksgiving. We have an "open house" to attend for one of the primary groups next week.
Work has found a replacement therapist for me. It's actually an OT student I had with me for a semesters and we have kept in touch a bit. I have already started making some extra notes for her to get her through her first job setting and taking over the kids in the middle of the year. I know she will be great! They asked me to start maternity leave when the students leave for Christmas break. It's a few weeks before I am due but I know after being on break it would be hard to return to that fast paced therapy.
Not that I think much has changed- but below is a new baby bump picture from week 30 :)

No comments:
Post a Comment