Sunday, September 2, 2012

countdown to gender reveal....

So this week I was able to feel the baby kick on the OTHER side of my stomach. It requires much patience (as this is clearly not a muscle I can control), but the jolts of energy into my hand are powerful! I was excited to share this news with Chris and told him that with enough patience, I was pretty sure he would get a kick or two this weekend.

Sure enough he got a couple swift kicks into his hand this morning. He thought he had felt the baby move earlier, but I am pretty sure the ones this mornings are the ones he will remember.
We have also been preparing for learning the sex of little peanut. We have looked at all the wives tales but it comes out pretty even in the end. The truth will be revealed on Friday!

In the meantime, here are some of the old wives tales we have found and the "answers" so that you can decide for yourself... is peanut a boy or a girl?

Gender string test with rings- Boy
Carrying high or low-  Boy (low)
Chinese gender chart- Girl
Chris's weight- Boy (gained weight at start) or Girl (but has lost that and is maintaining)
Alicia's hair growing and strong or frail and breaking- Boy (long and strong)
Craving sweet or sour- Both
Alicia's nails growing or breaking- Boy (growing)
Morning sickness- Girl (morning, afternoon, and evening have all be accounted for!)
Baby's heart rate- Girl (high)

No comments:

Post a Comment